Full Day Excursion to San Gimignano Siena & Chianti with Wine Tasting
Meet our guide at 8:30 am in the vicinity of the railway station Santa Maria Novella, and together leave for a full-day to discover the medieval towns of Siena and San Gimignano. You will drive through the beautiful Chianti countryside with its gentle hills of vineyards and Olive Trees plantation, small villages & country stone-houses. Wines & local products tasting at local farm, and in the summer savor an authentic Italian Gelato in San Gimignano.
- Departure Point: Piazza Adua next to Train Station
- Departure Time: 8:45 am
- Duration: 1 day
- By: Bus
- Live guide: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese
- 11 Hours Escorted tour to Siena San Gimignano and Chianti Countryside
- Free Time in Monteriggioni: medieval walled town, located on a natural hillock
- Drive through the scenic roads of Chianti’s countryside
- Guided visit of Siena and its Cathedral one of the great examples of Italian Romanesque-Gothic architecture
- Free Time in San Gimignano unique in the preservation of about a dozen of its tower houses
- Best Chianti red wine tasting with Home-made snacks
Availability - Pick a DateAvailableNot availableSelected
After the departure from Florence and driving through the Chianti region, we get to Monteriggioni, a medieval town, located on a hill with its original wall-fence still intact. You will have some time at your disposal for a visit. Continuing, we arrive at Siena, where with the help of a local guide you will discover this fascinating city: the splendid buildings, including the Palazzo Comunale with the Tower del Mangia and Piazza del Campo where every year the famous Palio takes place (famous horse race), and the magnificent cathedral that you will visit inside.
We head, then to San Gimignano, fascinating example of a medieval city and proclaimed by UNESCO a "World Heritage Site", where you will have the opportunity to do some sightseeing on your own, discovering the beautiful squares, palaces, churches and suggestive alleys. In the summer from April to October you will taste a homemade authentic Italian ice cream, considered one of the best Gelato in the world. Leaving San Gimignano, we will stop at a local farm for a taste of the good Chianti Wine and delicious nibbles of cold meats & cheeses.
- Transport and assistance
- Local Guide in Siena and entrance to Siena Cathedral
- Wine tasting in a winecellar
- Free Time in Monteriggioni and San Gimignano
- Ice Cream tasting in San Gimignano (from April to October)
What’s Not Included:
- Additional Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Everything else not specifically outlined in the "What’s Included"
Good to know:
- Children under 4 years old are free. Children from 4 to 12 50% discount
- Please note that the given order of the visit may change
- Please note that all departure schedules and locations may change without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to change any Itinerary without prior notice
- Complete details, including the confirmed departure point and time, are included on your Voucher
Please Note this Tour is subject to a 100 % cancellation fee (not refundable!) for all cancellation received within 7 days, or less, of the scheduled tour.
Supplier & Local Operator Guarantee
“When purchasing your vacation activities don’t take a guess!”
Our team of experts carefully select all local operators we collaborate with to ensure that our clients get the best possible service. All products we advertised in our website are offered by reliable suppliers that have been in business for several years and that are recognized to be leaders of excellence in the travel industry. In your travel documents, you will find complete information on the local operator, including contact numbers in case of an emergency. If you need additional help our customer service will be happy to further assist you in getting in contact with the local operator, and in case of any issues with your reservation we will do everything in our power to ensure a smooth resolution so you can go back to enjoy your vacation!Activity ID: 5529
- Booking in 1-2-3 easy Steps!
- All-Inclusive Prices
- No extra fees or hidden costs