Classical Rome Morning Tour by Coach and on Foot
First time in Rome? Don't know where to start with your visit
ofthe Eternal City? No problem, with this tour you will get a first idea of the greatness of Rome. Departure is between 8:00 and 8:40 from your hotel,if centrally located. One of our cars will pick you up to take you to the starting point, located near the Termini Train Station, from where the tour starts at 9:00; alternatively you can meet the tour guide directly at the starting point at 8:50.
- Departure Point: Green Line Travel Office Via Giovanni Amendola 32-Phone +3906483787
- Departure Time: 9:00 am
- Duration: 3 hours
- By: Bus and by foot
- Live guide: English, Spanish, Italian, French
- Trevi Fountain, Pantheon
- Saint Peter’s Basilica (with papal blessing on Sundays),
- Castel Sant’Angelo (no visit inside) and Piazza Navona
Availability - Pick a DateAvailableNot availableSelected
Depart by bus to cross the Piazza Della Repubblica where you can see the Fountain of the Naiads representing a Ninfa of lakes (recognizable by the swan that she holds). You will begin then a walking tour through the historic center that will take you to see the Trevi Fountain, Column of Marcus Aurelius, Palazzo Montecitorio, and enter in the Pantheon which was built by Emperor Hadrian between 118 and 125 AD. In 1870, the Pantheon became the Grave-site of the kings of Italy, and still today houses the remains of Victor Emmanuel II, Umberto I and Margherita di Savoia. There is also the grave of the artist Raphael.
You will continue, then by bus to the Vatican City. Along the way you will see the majestic Castel Sant'Angelo, built around 123 AD, and tomb of the Emperor Hadrian and his family. Finally we get to St. Peter's Square with the imposing St. Peter's Basilica. Your guide will describe the basilica before entering. The tour ends here and you will have the opportunity to continue the visit on your own and perhaps continue with a visit to the Vatican Museums.
The Pantheon closes on December 25th , January 1st and May 1st, and these days the visit will be only from outside.
- 3 Hours tour by bus and on foot
- Multilingual guide
- Entrance to the Pantheon
- Pick up at your hotel if centrally located
What’s Not Included:
- Additional Gratuities (optional)
- Food & Beverages
- Everything else not specifically outlined in the "What’s Included"
Good to know:
- Tours are guaranteed with a minimum of 2 persons for each language and are organized in different languages, so on each bus there could be clients belonging to different nationalities. Services are guaranteed with guides speaking 2 languages simultaneously maximum.
- Please not that entrance to churches requires appropriate attire (no shorts, Miniskirts or uncovered shoulders).
- The visit to the Saint Peter’s Basilica will not be possible on sunday, during Religious holidays and ceremonies (audiences, beatifications, masses of the Pope)
- We reserve the right to change any Itinerary without prior notice
- Complete details, including the confirmed departure point and time, are included on your Voucher
Please Note this Tour is subject to a 100 % cancellation fee (not refundable!) for all cancellation received within 7 days, or less, of the scheduled tour.
Supplier & Local Operator Guarantee
“When purchasing your vacation activities don’t take a guess!”
Our team of experts carefully select all local operators we collaborate with to ensure that our clients get the best possible service. All products we advertised in our website are offered by reliable suppliers that have been in business for several years and that are recognized to be leaders of excellence in the travel industry. In your travel documents, you will find complete information on the local operator, including contact numbers in case of an emergency. If you need additional help our customer service will be happy to further assist you in getting in contact with the local operator, and in case of any issues with your reservation we will do everything in our power to ensure a smooth resolution so you can go back to enjoy your vacation!Activity ID: 5586
- Booking in 1-2-3 easy Steps!
- All-Inclusive Prices
- No extra fees or hidden costs