Absolute Venice: Historic Center walking Tour + Skip the Line Guided Visit of Doge’s Palace and Saint Mark's Basilica
Want to know the best way to spend a morning in Venice? Without any doubt, taking part in this guided excursion that begins at 9:00 am with a 1.30-hour walking tour from Piazza San Marco to Campo San Giovanni e Paolo, also known as the Pantheon of Venice, and through some gems like the Campo Santa Maria Formosa, the Marco Polo House and the Malibran Theater. At 10:45 am you will enter the Doge’s Palace, without wasting any time waiting in line at the Entrance (Priority Entry), for a guided visit of this beautiful palace that was the symbol of power of the Serenissima Republic over the centuries. Finally at 12:00 pm you will enter in the Saint Mark’s Basilica, known as the Golden Basilica for the amount of works of art and treasures that you will see inside. Really worth it: Do not miss this offer!!
- Departure Point: Under The Clock Tower in Saint Mark's Square
- Departure Time: 9.00 am
- Duration: 4 hours
- By: Walking
- Live guide: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German
- Expert Guide in Venetian- Arts & Architecture
- Comprehensive overview and description of St. Mark's Square (= Piazza San Marco)
- Walk by St. Maria Formosa Square and Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo
- See the Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theater
- Return to St. Mark Square through Le Mercerie shopping area
- Visit the interior of The Doge's Palace
- Including Views of the Bridge of Sighs and the prisons
- Visit Saint's Mark Basilica with detailed explanation of the Religious Gold Mosaics
- Detailed explanation of The Pala d'oro and visit of The Treasury
Availability - Pick a DateAvailableNot availableSelected
Walking Tour. Learn origins, history and description of the main monuments like the Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie. You will then proceed towards Santa Maria Formosa, a wonderful and characteristic square, and Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo also called The "Pantheon" of Venice with its the Great School of Charity and the Captains of fortune. On you way back your will walk by Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre.Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, the main street for the city shopping!
The Doge's Palace visit begins from the ground floor with the Museo dell'Opera and continues towards the upper rooms of the Palace with the visit of the rooms of the Doge on the first floor, and the Institutional Chambers that develop between the second floor and the floor of the Lodges, and finally you will visit to the Armoury and the Prisons.
The Basilica of Saint Mark is a unique monument in the world for the richness of its history, the majesty of its facade and its inside.The Byzantine aspect that distinguishes it appears especially in large mosaics that tell the stories of St. Mark and episodes of the Old and New Testament.You will visit Visit Church accompanied by a guide especially expert in Arts who will explain the biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient Basilica.
- 4 Hours minutes guided visit
- English speaking guide
- Skip The Line Entrance to Doge's Palace
- Skip The Line Entrance to Saint Mark's Basilica
What’s Not Included:
- Everything else not specifically outlined in the "What’s Included"
Good to know:
- Vouchers must be printed, vouchers on I-pad and I-phone are not valid and not accepted
- Children under 6 years old are free
- This tour is not operating on Sundays and Religious Holidays
- Please note that this is a multilingual tour, each tour guide could narrate up to 2 languages.
- In case of "Acqua Alta" (High Tide) the Basilica and Saint Mark Square are normally flooded, this may cause delays and/or changes in the itinerary.
- Complete details, including the confirmed departure point and time, are included on your Voucher
Full refund for cancellations received up to 7 days before the reserved date
Supplier & Local Operator Guarantee
“When purchasing your vacation activities don’t take a guess!”
Our team of experts carefully select all local operators we collaborate with to ensure that our clients get the best possible service. All products we advertised in our website are offered by reliable suppliers that have been in business for several years and that are recognized to be leaders of excellence in the travel industry. In your travel documents, you will find complete information on the local operator, including contact numbers in case of an emergency. If you need additional help our customer service will be happy to further assist you in getting in contact with the local operator, and in case of any issues with your reservation we will do everything in our power to ensure a smooth resolution so you can go back to enjoy your vacation!Activity ID: 4785
- Booking in 1-2-3 easy Steps!
- All-Inclusive Prices
- No extra fees or hidden costs